Wednesday, April 4, 2007

My Sentiments Exactly

ABC's latest Bachelor, Lt. Andy Baldwin, M.D., 30, has handed out the first of many roses and ESPN.com's The Sports Gal and I share similar sentiments about Monday's premiere episode.
ABC wants the new "Bachelor" to remind people of Richard Gere in "An Officer and a Gentleman." We know this because they're calling this season, "The Bachelor: An Officer and a Gentleman." At least they came right out and said it. Lt. Andy Baldwin isn't as sexy as Richard Gere in that movie, but I liked him immediately and thought he was the cutest bachelor yet. He works as a doctor in the Navy's dive unit with Ashton Kutcher and Kevin Costner, does charity work and Ironman triathalons and even has a hot body. Of course, Bill (my husband) was suspicious as soon as we learned Andy's alma mater was Duke -- he kept saying, "You watch, you watch, he's going to end up being a [bad word]."


Not even 30 seconds later, we watched Andy get into his fancy sports car, which looked like a DeLorean (do they still make those?) and had those dorky doors that open straight up. I hate when Bill's right. You should know that my friend Terera and I have a list of things that instantly bother us about guys -- like guys who wear man sandals (those leather ones that look like the ones girls would wear, only they're for guys, I call them "mandals"); guys who wear black jeans or black tennis shoes; guys who wear Speedos at the beach; guys who drink daiquiris or frozen mudslides; guys who tuck their sweaters into their pants; and especially, guys who drive weird sports cars (like Miatas or Corvettes). I don't know the name of Andy's car, but it should be called "The Overcompensator."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please keep up with these editorials so I don't have to watch the show. The commentary from you and Bill is so much more entertaining!