Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April 1, 2008

Google has really taken April Fool's Day to a rocking new level.

First, I signed on to Blogger only to be introduced to the alleged up and coming Google Weblogs. Of course I wanted to learn more and followed a suggested video link, but to my complete surprise was greeted by Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up" music video. I returned to the original page introducing the Weblogs and tried the video link and once again was directed to Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up."

I dismissed this oddity and went about my day until now when searching YouTube for viral campaigning videos and visiting the site's Featured Videos.
Bunny eating banana caught my attention and I clicked the link and was perplexed once more when directed to Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up."

Looks like the jokes on us Google.

Check out the University of Massachusetts Amherst's t0mfoolery featured annually in the The Daily Collegian on April Fool's.

Photo

1 comment:

kirbyviper93 said...

Damn, man, you got RickRoll'd TWICE!! lmao